TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) The company SIF BENEDICTA ehf. (hereafter, “SIF BENEDICTA” or the “Vendor”) sells products covered by the “SIF BENEDICTA” trademark.
(2) These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are applicable to all sales of SIF BENEDICTA products via the SIFBENEDICTA.com website, including with telephone assistance provided by SIF BENEDICTA Customer Service. Distance sales, as regulated herein, were designed in compliance with Iceland national laws in force and European Directive on Consumer Rights (no. 2011/83 EU) as an active subject in this system.
(3) The use of the distance sales service described herein is reserved solely for consumers. The term “Consumer” is to be understood as any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that predominantly are outside his trade, business or profession. The resale, rental or transfer for commercial or professional reasons of products purchased on the Site is strictly forbidden.
(4) SIF BENEDICTA may modify these General Terms and Conditions of Sale at any time.
(5) It is understood that by placing an order on the SIFBENEDICTA.com website, the Customer fully and unreservedly acknowledges and accepts these General Terms and Conditions.
2. Product orders
(1) Orders may be placed directly by persons of legal age who are not under legal disability.
(2) Orders may be placed in English via the SIFBENEDICTA.com website, or from SIF BENEDICTA Customer Service.
(3) SIF BENEDICTA reserves the right to modify the limits for the quantity and/or types of products that may be purchased via distance sales, at any time.
(4) The Customer must click on the shopping cart icon to view the selected articles and total price of the articles ordered. The Customer is asked to verify the content of the shopping cart before completing the purchase form in accordance with the instructions provided on the website.
(5) Should the Customer need to modify (an article or quantity) or correct any errors in the order, he/she should follow the instructions on the Site.
(6) All pre-orders are to be paid fully at the time of order placement.
(7) Pre-ordered Products may be delivered in a time slot indicated on the Site; there is no strict rule for this time slot, rather it varies according to the item and it´s production delay due to Covid-19. Delivery terms are merely indicative. SIF BENEDICTA informs the Customer of shipping by e-mail as soon as the products are available. If the Customer purchases several Pre-ordered Products with different delivery dates in the same order, they will all be shipped together at the latest delivery date, or at SIF BENEDICTA's discretion, based on availability.
(8)The price of each product is displayed for the Customer prior to completion of the order. All prices are in euros and include VAT.
(9) SIF BENEDICTA considers the Customer's order to be binding once the entire purchase procedure has been completed properly, without any errors being identified by the Site. The contract between SIF BENEDICTA and the Customer is to be considered concluded when the Customer receives confirmation of successful completion from SIF BENEDICTA at the e-mail address indicated during the order process, sent in respect of the purchase procedure. With confirmation
(1) The Customer must make payment via one of the methods of payment indicated on the order form.
(2) For payment via credit card, the amount will be debited from the Customer's credit card at any time after the order is placed.
(3) In order to prevent internet fraud, payments made via the SIF BENEDICTA.com website are managed online by a 3rd party payments service provider [Borgun ehf].
(4) This company is responsible for securely storing and automatically processing order data including credit card information.
(5) For payment, the Customer must confirm on the SIF BENEDICTA.com website that he/she is the card holder and that the name indicated on the credit card is his/hers; the Customer must provide the credit card number, expiry date and security key indicated on the card. Upon completing the order, the Customer's bank may request confirmation of the data entered and that the credit card used has not been reported lost or stolen. Validity of the Customer's card may be confirmed via a payment authorization at a cost of €1.00. This authorization is not debit. SIF BENEDICTA does not debit any amount from the credit card until the articles ordered have been placed and confirmed.
(6) If, for any reason, the amounts due by the Customer cannot be debited, the sale process and sale is automatically cancelled.
(1) SIF BENEDICTA shall be liable for material defects in accordance with the applicable legal provision,
(2) There is an additional guarantee for the goods supplied by the supplier only if this has been expressly stated in the order confirmation of the respective article.
(3) The customer is not entitled to any claims for defects if he has altered a product or has changed it by a third party, unless the customer proves that the material defect already existed at the time of delivery.
(4) If the order is cancelled, the price is not debited from the Customer's credit card. If the credit card has already been debited, the Customer will be promptly refunded. In the same way, if payment is made via PayPal, and the amount is debited at the time of order, the Customer will be promptly refunded at the time of order cancellation.
5. Returns and Refunds – Withdrawal
The Customer's right of withdrawal must be exercised as described below.
The right of withdrawal must be exercised by the Customer within 14 (fourteen) days of the date of delivery to the Customer or a third party.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, the Customer must contact Customer Service or follow the online procedure and obtain a return code. Once the Customer has obtained a return code, he/she must contact DHL for pick up and attach the printed return label on the package.
For the return to be accepted by SIF BENEDICTA, the products must be returned within 14 days of the date on which the Customer informed SIF BENEDICTA of his/her wish to return the purchase with the return form via the online procedure or by telephone to Customer Service, in order to obtain a return code, and respecting the following conditions:
- The products must be returned in their original packaging (box, accessories, inserts, protection, leaflets, etc.).
- The products must be accompanied by the purchase receipt.
- Products returned by the Customer must not have been damaged, used, worn or washed, but may be handled and inspected to determine their nature and characteristics.
- Labels and security tags must still be attached to the products.
- Damaged goods being returned must be in the condition in which they were received by the Customer. The Customer must not attempt to modify, handle or repair them.
SIF BENEDICTA reserves the right to refuse returns of products that have been damaged, are incomplete, deteriorated and/or soiled or in any state clearly indicating that the products have been used, or products returned after the deadline indicated above, or lacking a return form.
SIF BENEDICTA also reserves the right to demand compensation for any damage caused by the Customer's negligent conduct or misconduct when returning products. SIF BENEDICTA cannot be held liable for lost or stolen products beyond its control, or for returns to the wrong address, or for delivery delays of returned products beyond its control, it being understood that the Customer assumes all risks of returns. The Customer is also responsible for providing proof of return.
In the event of withdrawal, the Customer will be refunded all payments made to SIF BENEDICTA, according to the method of payment chosen for the purchase, and for the product for which withdrawal was exercised, include delivery costs.
SIF BENEDICTA will refund these amounts upon receipt of the returned product or when the Customer proves that he/she has correctly sent the product to SIF BENEDICTA. Refunds are credited to the Customer's current account linked to the credit card used by the Customer for payment. Refunds are at no charge to the Customer.
6. Product authenticity and intellectual property rights
(1) SIF BENEDICTA guarantees the authenticity and quality of all the products sold on the Site.
(2) The SIF BENEDICTA trademark, all the figurative and non-figurative marks and in general all other marks, illustrations, images and logos present on SIF BENEDICTA products, accessories and/or packaging, whether registered or not, are and shall remain the exclusive property of SIF BENEDICTA ehf., with registered office at Laugavegur 105, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland. Reproduction in whole or in part, modification or use of said trademarks, illustrations, images and logos for any reason and on any medium is strictly forbidden without the prior express approval of SIF BENEDICTA ehf. This clause is not applicable to the private use of the SIF BENEDICTA products.
(3) Any combination of said trademarks with other marks, symbols, logos or any distinctive sign suitable for creating a composite logo is also forbidden.
(4) Reproduction in whole or in part, modification or use of drawings, models or patents which are the exclusive property of SIF BENEDICTA ehf. is also strictly forbidden.
7. Force majeure
(1) Performance of services by SIF BENEDICTA ehf. may be suspended in the event of unforeseeable circumstances or force majeure preventing or delaying their performance.
(2) SIF BENEDICTA will inform the Customer of said unforeseeable circumstance or force majeure within seven days of its occurrence. Should the suspension of the services last more than 15 days, the Customer may cancel the order and receive a refund of amounts already paid.
8. Competent jurisdiction and applicable law
(1) The competent jurisdiction for sales made on the SIFBENEDICTA.com website is that of the Customer's place of residence or domicile.
(2) Orders placed under these General Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by Icelandic law, In the event of a discrepancy between the General Terms and Conditions of Sale in English and in another language accepted by the Customer, the meaning and interpretation of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale in English shall prevail.